Thursday, November 21, 2013

Using Other Social Media Tools

1) Google+   - I feel like i could integrate Google+ into my strategy and my business in an easy and a very effective way. Being able to share your photos with others and other photographers around the world is a way to be able to connect and also to expand your skill and knowledge with others. In photography, collaborations are pretty well known and respected with most photographers and fans of certain photographers as well. Being able to connect with other photographers around the world can be helpful because it can lead to those collaborations and that can help you attract and broaden your audience and following.

2) Linkedin - This is actually a very interesting site that seems to be fairly easy to use and very easy to help you grow and expand as a business and as a professional. It seems to me that it doesn't just help you grow your business and help you find jobs, but also lets you expand your knowledge from what other are posting and even allows you to be able to help them with things you know that they are looking to learn. Sites like these are awesome in my opinion because it allows you to interact with others that are in your specific field or fields that can relate to yours.

3) Yelp - With the two most important sites out of the way, yelp is my third pick to help me expand my business. It is hard to explain how and why it can help your business grow especially now as people have become skeptical about the reviews posted on there as there have been companies that pay people to write good reviews about them to help attract customers. But as a photographer, it would be very difficult for me to be able to pay someone to write a review about me because I do not make a lot of money at what i do and money is definitely not the reason i do it. It can help me grow if someone is looking for a professional photographer and there happens to be a great and honest review, they may get in contact with me.

4) Feedly - Feedly seems like a network that could potentially work out for me very well if I had a big enough following. Since people would have to follow you to be able to see your work. It has the characteristics of a network that can potentially help out a lot of businesses. It could help me out by being able to advertise my work on my blog and people following be wherever they go since it can be downloaded for your smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment