Tuesday, December 3, 2013

More Social Strategy

Being a small business, I do not have the money to that would allow me to hire anybody to run my marketing strategies. I love being the only one that is currently involved in my business because if i make a mistake, i learn from that and do my absolute best to never make that mistake again. I do not see the need to hire anyone in the near future unless i absolutely need them. Although Facebook is the most popular social media outlet out right now, i just do not enjoy it. I will continue to update it and keep my followers posted on what is coming up and any promotions that are in the near future. I love running a blog and i will continue to do that. I love being able to post up some of the pictures that i take to keep people interested and for other people to see. I love using instagram. Instagram is a great social media outlet for photographers like myself. Being able to take pictures with my iPhone is great to keep my followers interested in my work just from my phone.

I post a lot on Instagram and i will continue to do that. For me, i think it is important to keep my followers updated and interested in what is going on with myself and also my business. With instagram i can use the hashtag feature to easily interact with my followers and also for contests. I plan to use Tumblr for my main website just because you can post up full pictures which is great for me. It also allows you to easily interact with your followers and is also easy to hold contests on.

There are other social media outlets that are great for a lot of businesses but i do not find them useful for my own. Twitter is a perfect example. Twitter does not do a whole lot for myself or for my business because it is not the best place to be able to share my pictures and a lot of people do not have it that would be interested in my type of work and even if i did have it, it would be the last thing on my list to check.

4 comments:

  1. I think Tumblr would be a great way for you to increase awareness of your photography brand! As an avid Tumblr user, there are many photography photos which get hundreds of thousands of likes and reposting, thus spreading your business around the web. Instagram is also great, do you ever post photos on Flickr? I'm not sure if that website is still relevant anymore, but I know it's all about the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of using Instagram for a photographer! Even thought you don't really like Facebook it would be great to get more of your photos up there so people coming across your page will get a good idea of the great photos you take. Having just a few photos on your page makes it look like your not a professional photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a visual medium, Instagram certainly lends well to a photography business. I tend to agree with Becky, however. Your Facebook page reflects your distaste for it. Livening it up with some more photos will certainly help. Even if you dont particularly enjoy that platform, you want the people that stumble accross your page to see you as a professional. Blogging is a great idea also. If there's a particular blog post that you're proud of or you think your followers would enjoy, post a link to it on your Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. News letters are also be a great way to keep your clientele up to date with current promotions and events with out the maintenance of a full social media profile. Once your build a solid client base, photography businesses can thrive because of customer loyalty. I have used the same photographer for years and I keep in the loop with him based off the news letters he sends out ever few months.

    ReplyDelete